Saturday, December 13, 2008

Coach's Run

In order to get to know our Run It Back teams, we thought we'd start with our highly experienced coaching staff. Since we're getting ready for this weekend's Tigard Elite Tournament we thought we'd begin with the man directing traffic for the 8th Grade Blue Team.

Van Anderson



Role:
Coach and Mentor

Date of Birth:
March 11

Hometown:
Compton, CA

Playing Experience:
California State Fullerton University & Oregon
State University

Favorite Coach:
Danny Marques & Dave Ritter

Favorite Player Growing Up:
Magic Johnson, Pete "PISTOL" Maurvich, and
Dr. J

College Major:
Speech Communication / Public Relations

What I wanted to be when I grew up:
Wealthy or a Dentist

Favorite Teacher:
Sister Michaeline

Best Advice I was Ever Given:
Always believe in yourself! and Never
give up!

Favorite Movie:
Brian Song's and Gladiator

Favorite Song:
Always and Forever

Favorite TV Show:
The Shield

How has sports changed my life:
It was a tool for me to see different
parts of the country! It helped me meet and create some of the best
friendships a person could ever want or have.

Favorite teams:
LA Lakers / Pittsburg Steelers / LA Dodgers & LA Angels

Memorable Scholastic moment:
Receiving a full scholarship for school.

What I always disliked about school:
Never disliked school, I disliked that
in high school it was so far away from home.