Thursday, November 27, 2008

Run the City


Sacramento Mayor-elect Kevin Johnson is proof that basketball can take you many places if you're prepared on AND off the court. Though he may always be remembered for dunking on players twice his size, he's got his eyes set on the future of his community. Here's a quote from his blog about what's in store for him and the city of Sacramento:

"A large part of the reason I’m running for Mayor is to give back to our community. After retiring from the NBA, I could have lived anywhere I wanted. But I’ve opted to come back home and do good in the neighborhood where I grew up. It’s a great feeling to see so many others in our community doing their part to lift our community and tackle the challenges our community faces. If I am blessed by the voters to be elected Mayor, I will be a visible and active part of these community-based efforts to make Sacramento a better place to live."